There are some very useful tools out there that might be hard to find. These are the ones I use often so here is the list that I will keep on updating since most likely you will find at least one of these tools very useful.
Some are free and some are not, but every single one is the one I find very useful so give them a try. If you do have a favorite set of tools you find you can’t live without please let me know in comments.
- VisualSVN – Excellent Subversion client that integrates with Visual Studio.NET
- TortoiseSVN – Subversion client that integrates into the Windows Explorer
- TestDrivent.NET – Integrates unit-testing framework into Visual Studio.NET
- Visual Build Pro – Automates software builds and more
- 7-Zip – Extracts many file types, but very useful for ISO images extraction and RAR’s
- WindowClippings – Screen capture tool
- VirtualPC – Microsoft’s Virtualization Product
- WorkRave – Free tool that forces you to make brakes from work, helps prevent RSI
- Kinesis Contoured keyboard. In my opinion the best keyboard money can buy. Layout is very good and key feel is exceptional. I think everyone should use one to help prevent RSI. Use it before you get pain in your hands.
- Adesso Touchpad. Perfect to mount on top of the Kinesis keyboard so you do not have to move the hand to grab the mouse.
- Logitech Trackman for fine work, better than mouse in lot of ways.