Lot of times (at least for me) the Visual Studio.NET 2008 Toolbox does not get updated when I install new controls. Happens with our controls and any other controls as well. If the installer for the control registers the controls in Visual Studio toolbox here is something you can try so they show up. What you need to do is delete temp/cached files for VS.NET 2008 toolbox so toolbox gets refreshed.
Here is what to do:
- Exit all instances Visual Studio
- Navigate to your user profile directory for Visual Studio (this is found at %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0). Note that you can paste that into the Explorer at least on Vista and it will navigate to proper folder.
- Delete all files with TBD extension found there (they are often hidden files)
- Re-start Visual Studio and open your application – the toolbox should be automatically rebuilt (which can take a while depending on your machine’s performance). You should now be able to see newly added control and drag/drop controls onto the design surface.
Hope this helps…
- Visual Studio 2015 not showing new templates solution
- How to Install Visual Studio.NET Templates
- How to remove Visual Studio add-in when in Add-in manager Startup check-box is disabled
- DotNetBar for WPF 5.7 with Visual Studio 2010 support released
- DotNetBar for WinForms 9.5 released with Visual Studio 2010 Theme